in

Father accused of bashing his 12-WEEK-OLD baby leaving her with fractured skull, ribs and wrist

Loading...

‘Extremely disturbing’: Father, 20, is accused of brutally bashing his 12-WEEK-old baby girl – leaving her with a fractured skull, ribs and wrist

  • Man was denied bail over allegations he brutally bashed 12-week-old daughter
  • Court heard 20-year-old father beat the baby leaving her with multiple fractures 
  • The man is due to appear in court again in November

A young father is facing abuse charges after allegedly bashing his 12-week-old daughter so viciously she was left with multiple fractures.  

The 20-year-old Illawarra man fronted the Wollongong Local Court on Wednesday charged with 19 offences by the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad, The Illawarra Star reported.  

Magistrate Susan McGowan refused the man’s bail application due to what she told the court were ‘extremely disturbing’ details. 

The father denied wrongdoing.  

‘I didn’t hit her face, she fell out of my arms,’ the man told the court via video link after his bail was refused. 

A young father facing abuse charges after allegedly bashing his 12-week-old daughter so viciously he left her with multiple fractures has been denied bail (stock image)

A young father facing abuse charges after allegedly bashing his 12-week-old daughter so viciously he left her with multiple fractures has been denied bail (stock image)

Police will allege the man physically abused the baby last month.

They will further allege the man physically abused a 17-year-old woman, believed to be his partner. 

After the alleged August 23 incident police were called to the scene and they removed the child and immediately took her to the Wollongong Hospital.

Treatment of the baby allegedly revealed multiple ‘horrific’ fractured to her skull her left and right ribs and a fracture to her arm.

Loading...

It was these findings which prompted officers from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad to launch an investigation before the man was arrested on Tuesday.  

Court documents revealed shortly after the baby’s birth in June, officers from the Family and Community Services helped create a ‘safety plan’ to curve the parents’ alleged addictions.

Prior the the incident the FACS had allegedly classified the baby as being under a ‘significant risk of harm’.

The man pleaded not guilty to all charges and is expected to face court again in November.  

The baby has since been released from hospital and alternate care arrangements have been made. 

The 20-year-old Illawarra man fronted the Wollongong Local Court (pictured) where he pleaded not guilty to 19 offences

The 20-year-old Illawarra man fronted the Wollongong Local Court (pictured) where he pleaded not guilty to 19 offences

 

Source link

Loading...

Leave a Reply

Boris Johnson’s ‘final offer’ on Brexit explained

Jeff Bezos hugs Jamal Khashoggi’s fiancee and unveils new memorial