iOS users who prefer Google Maps over Apple’s Maps app or even Waze will finally have access to one of the best features from the Android version: the ability to submit live traffic reports.
Despite being available on Android for a few months now, the traffic report feature has been absent on the iOS version. But as of today, the latest update to Google Maps on iOS will finally let iPhone users ping car crashes, congestion, speed traps, and more in real time, directly on the map.
How to submit Google Maps traffic alerts on iOS
- Download (or update) Google Maps from the Apple App Store.
- With the latest version of Google Maps installed, open the app.
- While in navigation mode, tap the “+” button to open the traffic report menu.
- Tap the type of alert you want to set: crash, speed trap, slowdown, construction, lane closure, an object in the road, or disabled vehicle.
- You can then tap “confirm” or just wait a few seconds and the alert will automatically submit. It should show up on Google Maps after a few moments.