in

Excruciating moment three-year-old boy is burned after fireworks blast INSIDE family's 6th floor

A three-year-old in the Bronx has been left with first and second degree burns after a firework shot through his family’s top floor window – the latest incident detailing just how much of a nuisance have become not just in New York City, but across the country.

The young boy had been sleeping when was woken up by the fireworks, watching them from his family’s sixth-floor Highbridge apartment on Wednesday night just after midnight. His 17-year-old brother filmed the scene, the New York Daily News reports. Fireworks in the city are illegal.

He can be heard screaming once the fireworks come shooting through the window. 

‘I thought it was a shooting but it was all fireworks,’ said Jesus Rosario, the boy’s father. ‘It was so loud and there were so many. I come outside and the baby started crying — and he comes out and he’s bleeding.

The young boy had been sleeping when was woken up by the fireworks, watching them from his family's sixth-floor Highbridge apartment on Wednesday night just after midnight

The young boy had been sleeping when was woken up by the fireworks, watching them from his family’s sixth-floor Highbridge apartment on Wednesday night just after midnight








The young boy suffered first and second degree burns on his arms after the fireworks went off

The young boy suffered first and second degree burns on his arms after the fireworks went off

‘There was a lot of smoke and a lot of things caught fire for two, three seconds. He was mostly scared. He was describing it: ‘Firework came in and boom!”

The 32-year-old father said that the fireworks have been happening in the area for the last few weeks.  

‘This is out of hand,’ said Rosario. ‘This could have been worse. If it was a bigger firework, anyone could have been killed with that. When I got downstairs, I couldn’t even get to the car because there was a box flipped over that was shooting fireworks.’  

The father was able to get the group responsible to leave the area, once he started yelling at them. Police are searching for a group of four to five men who are said to retrieve fireworks from a gray Ford Fusion that has a Pennsylvania license plate, NBC New York reports.

He also suffered wounds to his head

Another angle of the injuries the boy suffered on his arm

‘I thought it was a shooting but it was all fireworks,’ said Jesus Rosario, the boy’s father. ‘It was so loud and there were so many. I come outside and the baby started crying — and he comes out and he’s bleeding’

Police released this image of who they believe is behind the fireworks attack

Police released this image of who they believe is behind the fireworks attack

Another image which was released by cops of who they believe set off the fireworks which injured the three-year-old boy

Another image which was released by cops of who they believe set off the fireworks which injured the three-year-old boy








His frustrations mirror those in New York and across thew country. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio recently announced that he was creating a special task force geared at stopping vendors and firework resellers. 

‘We want to go after the big fish. We want to go after those who are making the biggest impact,’ de Blasio said in a Tuesday press conference. ‘We know there are suppliers outside of New York City where a lot of this is coming from.’

911 call centers have received 13,215 calls for illegal fireworks from the start of 2020 up until June 21, according to the NYPD. The bulk of those calls – 12,578 – have occurred in the last month. 

That is a stark contrast to the 1,007 calls made for the same period in 2019.   

But the uncertainty in who all is taking part in the illegal activity has become a source of ire as some have noted that even firemen in the city are popping fireworks. 

The FDNY is currently investigating an incident allegedly involving Brooklyn firefighters filmed firing off their own fireworks at a Crown Heights fire station on June 16, officials said in a statement to the Independent

But outside of New York, folks in cities across the United States have been asking for a crack down on the loud nuisances.

The San Bernardino Police Department in California has been sharing their captured hauls on social media, stating: ‘Our fireworks teams are out there seizing illegal fireworks and taking enforcement actions against those who are lighting them. Your SBPD officers will continue to work through the night searching for additional firework violators.’

The San Bernardino Police Department in California has been sharing their captured hauls on social media

Another haul made by the Californian police department

But outside of New York, folks in cities across the United States have been asking for a crack down on the loud nuisances. The San Bernardino Police Department in California has been sharing their captured hauls on social media

Some 3,270lbs of fireworks have been confiscated and some 21 people have been arrested by the department

Some 3,270lbs of fireworks have been confiscated and some 21 people have been arrested by the department

Some 3,270lbs of fireworks have been confiscated and some 21 people have been arrested, according to KTLA

‘Safe and sane’ fireworks are only allowed south of 210 freeway in San Bernardino from July 1 to July 4. The city recently amended its municipal code to up their fine for those who use illegal fireworks.

Illegal fireworks were also found to have been the cause of a brush fire in the city of Colton in California on Tuesday night 

‘It took six engines and a Battalion Chief to protect the surrounding structures and extinguish the fire,’ the City of Colton Fire Department said in a Wednesday morning statement.

No injuries or property damage was reported in the fire. 

Illegal fireworks were also found to have been the cause of a brush fire in the city of Colton in California on Tuesday night

Illegal fireworks were also found to have been the cause of a brush fire in the city of Colton in California on Tuesday night

'It took six engines and a Battalion Chief to protect the surrounding structures and extinguish the fire,' the City of Colton Fire Department said in a Wednesday morning statement

‘It took six engines and a Battalion Chief to protect the surrounding structures and extinguish the fire,’ the City of Colton Fire Department said in a Wednesday morning statement

Source link

Written by Angle News

Leave a Reply

Claremont serial killings trial wraps up after 95 days but verdict could take three months 

Miner becomes millionaire after finding biggest tanzanite stones