X-Factor semi-finalist Danny Tetley, 39, is jailed for nine years for inducing boys as young as 14 to send him indecent images for money
- X-Factor semi-finalist Danny Tetley appeared at Bradford Crown Court today
- Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC said Tetley’s celebrity status was ‘destroyed’
Former X-Factor semi-finalist Danny Tetley has been sentenced to nine years for child sex offences.
The 39-year-old appeared at Bradford Crown Court today and was found to have induced five teenage boys aged 15 and 16 to send him indecent images for money.
Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC presiding over the case said Tetley’s celebrity status ‘is now gone, tarnished and destroyed’, adding that the impact on the victims had been ‘most distressing’.
In December Tetley pleaded guilty to getting his victims to send him explicit images of themselves – some at the most serious Category A – for money.
Danny Tetley (pictured above) has been sentenced to nine years for child sex offences
Tetley who came sixth in last year’s X Factor, exchanged more than 10,000 WhatsApp messages with the seven boys between October, last year, and August, this year.
The singer has faced a troubled year after spectacularly falling from grace when footage emerged of him snorting a line of cocaine, claiming to have to been ‘treating himself’ after working so hard.
In the clip he stated he had ‘worked his a*** off for everything he has and this is how I enjoy my time’.
It subsequently emerged he had been sending the sordid messages to the teenage boys.
Series 15 of the X Factor ran from September 1 2018 to December 2 2018, with some of the offences having been committed in the October.