Fortnite patch notes have been revealed for a surprise update that Epic Games has dropped today.
The brand new Fortnite download comes the day after Epic Games released update 10.40.1.
This Fortnite download is bringing with it the Out of Time Overtime challenges that are launching next week.
That Fortnite download also unvaulted the Flint-Knock Pistol ahead of the season 10 Overtime challenges launching on Tuesday October 8.
The new Fortnite update that has dropped today, meanwhile, is a hotfix that addresses issues with the aiming controls.
A download is required for this Fortnite update, but it’s only for PC Battle Royale players.
Revealing what’s in the patch, the official Fortnite Twitter posted: “We’ve released a patch on PC to address an issue with PC aim controls.
“A download is required.”
If you’re wondering what’s in the other Fortnite download then here are the patch notes for 10.40.1.
FORTNITE PATCH NOTES – UPDATE 10.40.1
Out of Time
• We’re heading into overtime… before we’re out of time. Complete the objectives in the Out of Time Overtime Mission for end-of-Season rewards that include XP, cosmetics, and a commemorative Loading Screen.
• Out of Time will begin on Tuesday, October 8.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Flint-Knock Pistol
• We may be almost out of time, but we’re not out just yet — Season X has been extended a week!
• Gotham City and the Batman Caped Crusader Pack will be available until the end of Season X.
Out of Time
• Season X’s Overtime Mission is coming soon! The Out of Time Mission will be available from Tuesday, October 8 at 9 AM ET until Sunday, October 13 at 2 PM ET.
• Complete Out of Time’s objectives to earn end-of-Season rewards, including XP, cosmetics, and a Loading Screen that serves as a Season X memento.
• Zones Wars Desert, Vortex, Colosseum, and Downhill River LTMs have been consolidated into two LTM playlists. Queue into either playlist to play one of the four Zone Wars maps at random.
Zone Wars: Party
• Queue with a party larger than one into a free-for-all experience.
Zone Wars: Solo
• Queue by yourself into a free-for-all experience.Bug Fixes
• Resolved an issue involving some players having difficulty queuing into The Combine.
• Because this issue has been resolved, The Combine has been re-enabled on iOS and Android.
• Resolved a level streaming issue that occurred with v10.40 causing an increase in players landing in low-detail environments on Nintendo Switch.
• Please note that this fix will result in a larger download for the system.
• Improved the performance of a cosmetic material to address hitches caused by the material.
ART + ANIMATION
• The map now shows the correct aerial view for Gotham City.
• Improved the search bar functionality to make it easier to search for friends.
• Resolved a visual issue in which microphones would be displayed as on when players weren’t in voice chat.
– Stay tuned to Express.co.uk for more Fortnite Battle Royale news