Gordon’s fast food: Baked halibut with borlotti beans & tomatoes
Whip up delicious meals the whole family will adore in just 30 minutes with these recipes from Gordon Ramsay’s new cookbook
This tasty baked halibut with borlotti beans & tomatoes (pictured) is a speedy all-in-one traybake that can be easily shared
You can’t beat an all-in-one traybake for ease and speed, and a meaty fish like halibut is perfect for the job.
The tomatoes and wine will ensure the fish doesn’t dry out while cooking, and everything in the tray will absorb all the lovely flavours of the lemon, rosemary and garlic.
This is a super-tasty midweek supper that will go down a storm with all the family.
- 450g (1lb) baby plum tomatoes
- 2 x 400g tins of borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 200g (7oz) halibut fillets, skinned
- A pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
- 1tbsp non-pareil capers (from most supermarkets)
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- 1 unwaxed lemon, finely sliced
- 150ml (5fl oz) dry white wine
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 350g (12oz) purple sprouting broccoli
- 100ml (3½fl oz) water
- 30g (1oz) butter
- A small handful of basil leaves
- Slices of crusty bread, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the tomatoes and borlotti beans in a roasting tray and season with a little salt and pepper. Season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper and place them on top of the beans and tomatoes.
Sprinkle with chilli flakes, then scatter the garlic, capers and rosemary over everything. Put the lemon slices on top, then pour the wine over and drizzle with olive oil.
Place the tray on the top shelf of the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a large sauté pan with the water and butter. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
When the halibut is cooked, sprinkle with the basil leaves and serve with the broccoli and slices of crusty bread on the side.
Quick & Delicious: 100 Recipes In 30 Minutes Or Less by Gordon Ramsay is published by Hodder, £25. © Gordon Ramsay. To order a copy for £20 call 01603 648155 or go to mailshop.co.uk. Free delivery on all orders. Offer valid until 02/11/2019.