in

Married At First Sight: Stacey Hampton reveals how Channel Nine punished cast for breaking contract 

Many of this year’s Married At First Sight cast rebelled against Channel Nine. 

And after becoming one of the first to break her contract, Stacey Hampton has now  revealed how she was punished by the network when the show was still airing. 

The 26-year-old admitted on Tuesday that was she told she would ‘no longer be supported’ by Nine, and had all promotional opportunities taken from her. 








'I took back control': Married At First Sight's Stacey Hampton (pictured) has revealed how she was punished by Channel Nine for breaking her contract when the show was still airing

‘I took back control’: Married At First Sight’s Stacey Hampton (pictured) has revealed how she was punished by Channel Nine for breaking her contract when the show was still airing

This meant Stacey was no longer offered radio interviews, photoshoots with magazines or appearances on Today or Today Extra among other things.   

Stacey told radio personality Bryce Ruthven in an Instagram Live interview on Tuesday that she broke her contract to defend herself and her reputation.   

‘I didn’t like the way they talking about my life in the media. And they were allowing other contestants to talk about my personal life, and drag certain people through the mud who didn’t sing up to the show,’ she admitted.

'They weren't helping me': The 26-year-old admitted on Tuesday that was she told she would 'no longer be supported' by Nine, and had all promotional opportunities taken from her

‘They weren’t helping me’: The 26-year-old admitted on Tuesday that was she told she would ‘no longer be supported’ by Nine, and had all promotional opportunities taken from her

Telling all: Stacey told radio personality Bryce Ruthven (pictured) in an Instagram Live interview on Tuesday that she broke her contract to defend herself and her reputation

Telling all: Stacey told radio personality Bryce Ruthven (pictured) in an Instagram Live interview on Tuesday that she broke her contract to defend herself and her reputation

Stacey continued: ‘They were meant to support our mental health and have my back, and I felt like they didn’t and they weren’t helping me. And that they were allowing other contestants to get away with certain things. I thought, “This is the part that I take back control and let you guys (viewers of the show) see me for who I am.”‘. 

Despite this, Stacey clarified that she was still offered 24/7 psychological support from Nine, which all past and present reality stars have available to them. 

Stacey breached her contract in several different ways.

Punishment: After breaking her contract, Stacey was no longer offered radio interviews, photoshoots with magazines or appearances on Today or Today Extra among other things

Punishment: After breaking her contract, Stacey was no longer offered radio interviews, photoshoots with magazines or appearances on Today or Today Extra among other things

Rebel: Stacey breached her contract by locking Nine out of her Instagram, sharing spoilers with fans and speaking out against the producers. Pictured: Stacey and Michael Goonan

Firstly, she locked Channel Nine and producers Endemol Shine Australia out of her Instagram account, and stopped posting promos for the show. 

The mum-of-two also did unauthorised interviews with the media, shared spoilers with fans on social media and exposed behind-the-scenes secrets. 

Many of her other co-stars, including Josh Pihlak and Natasha Spencer, did similar.  








'I'm proud': Last week, Natasha Spencer (pictured) also discussed the consequences the cast members faced for breaking their contracts  during an interview with Daily Mail Australia

‘I’m proud’: Last week, Natasha Spencer (pictured) also discussed the consequences the cast members faced for breaking their contracts  during an interview with Daily Mail Australia

Last week, Natasha also discussed the consequences she and the other cast members faced during an interview with Daily Mail Australia. 

‘I am so proud of my co-stars for going rogue. I’m not going to lie, I’m all for it! When there’s a state of anarchy, I think they just give up,’ Natasha joked, adding that Nine have no intentions of suing stars for going rogue. 

‘When I mentioned I left MAFS for my mental health, I was like “what are you going to do, say I breached contract and sue me?”‘ she recalled asking a female producer.

Natasha went on to say: ‘[The producer] goes, “No, we’re just going to take off our arranged publicity… what can I sue you for? You’ve all broken contract”.’ 

Standing her ground: Natasha said that producers cancelled all of her 'arranged publicity'

Standing her ground: Natasha said that producers cancelled all of her ‘arranged publicity’

Source link

Written by Angle News

Leave a Reply

‘NCIS’ Team Holds Christopher Lloyd at Gunpoint in Preview for Tonight’s Episode

Coronavirus UK: Rishi Sunak warns of 'tough times to come'