in

New South Wales records another day of single-digit coronavirus infections

New South Wales has recorded seven new coronavirus cases, including two linked to a hospital cluster.

The COVID-19 outbreak at Concord and Liverpool Emergency Departments grew to 14 infections following Thursday’s latest figures.

NSW Health said one of the cases is a staff member at Concord Hospital, in Sydney’s inner west, while the other is a close contact of a previous case linked to the hospital.  

A student at St Pauls Catholic College in Greystanes also tested positive to the virus, while two other new infections are customers of a popular Sydney Legion Club.

There were just two new COVID-19 infections in returned travellers in hotel quarantine.  

The COVID-19 outbreak at Concord and Liverpool Emergency Departments grew to 14 infections following Thursday's figures

The COVID-19 outbreak at Concord and Liverpool Emergency Departments grew to 14 infections following Thursday’s figures

Anyone who was at the Eastern Suburbs Legion Club in Waverley between 5pm and 6.30pm on August 28 has been told to immediately get tested and isolate until they receive a negative result.

The two cases also attended the club while infectious on the evenings of September 1, 4, 5 and 6.

NSW Health is working with the club to contact and assess the exposure risk to members and guests.

They are also investigating whether an attendee of the club on Friday August 28 ‘may be the source for cases associated with the club’. 

NSW Health said there were 24,760 coronavirus tests conducted in the 24-hour reporting period.  

There are currently 86 active COVID-19 cases across the state and six patients are battling the virus in intensive care, with four on ventilators.  

Anyone who was at the Eastern Suburbs Legion Club in Waverley between 5pm and 6.30pm on August 28 has been told to immediately get tested for COVID-19 and isolate until they receive a negative result

Anyone who was at the Eastern Suburbs Legion Club in Waverley between 5pm and 6.30pm on August 28 has been told to immediately get tested for COVID-19 and isolate until they receive a negative result








Meanwhile, NSW Education Minister Sarah Mitchell has announced a plan to minimise the impacts of virus outbreaks in schools during next month’s HSC exams.

Schools have been advised to have a maximum of 75 students per exam room and principals have also been asked to limit HSC students’ interaction with the rest of the school cohort and to prioritise cleaning exam rooms.

Ms Mitchell says the guidelines, developed in consultation with NSW Health, have been issued to principals to ensure HSC students can sit their final exams without disruption.

It comes as 100 Sydney students remain in isolation after being identified as close contacts of a boarding student at Kincoppal-Rose Bay School who tested positive to COVID-19.

All close contacts including teachers and students are in quarantine and the school has been cleaned, with the boarding facility remaining open to senior year groups.

Some year groups had been sent home because a number of boarding staff are in quarantine. 

Source link

The long-awaited trailer for ‘Dune’ has been released

Gold Coast mother threatened with $667 fine after putting a basketball hoop un in her cul-de-sac