in

Man and woman are arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two-year-old boy in Doncaster

Man, 36, and woman, 32, are arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two-year-old boy in Doncaster

  • Emergency services were called to the Adwick area of Doncaster on Wednesday
  • Two-year-old had a cardiac arrest at the property and died Thursday afternoon
  • Police arrested a man and woman from the area and they are now in custody 

A 36-year-old man and a 32-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a two-year-old boy from Doncaster.

Emergency services were called to a property in the Adwick area on Wednesday at around 11am.

The ambulance service had reported that the youngster had been in cardiac arrest at the home on Bosworth Road.  

He was taken to hospital where he died on Thursday afternoon. A post-mortem examination is expected to take place later on Thursday.  

The ambulance service had reported that the youngster had been in cardiac arrest at the home on Bosworth Road (above)

The ambulance service had reported that the youngster had been in cardiac arrest at the home on Bosworth Road (above)

The man and woman that have been arrested are both from Adwick and are currently in police custody for questioning by detectives.

Detective Chief Inspector James Axe, the senior investigating officer, said: ‘The loss of any life is tragic, and the death of this little boy is undeniably devastating.

‘Our thoughts are with those who are affected and our specialist officers will continue to support them.

‘We have a dedicated team of officers assigned to this investigation. Two people are in custody and we are working hard to establish the exact circumstances leading up to this child’s death.’

Detective Chief Inspector Anna Sedgwick, from Doncaster, said: ‘I know a case such as this will have an impact both within the local community and more widely.

‘We will have officers in the area today and encourage anyone who has any concerns, or would like to speak to someone, to approach a member of our team.

‘I would also please ask that people are mindful of what they post on social media, particularly in relation to any speculative comments, and keep in mind the impact this could have on the boy’s loved ones during this incredibly difficult and traumatic time.’

Anyone with concerns or information is asked to call police on 101 quoting incident number 293 of January 8 2020.

Source link

Written by Angle News

Leave a Reply

Old appliances and construction material continue to emit banned CFC gases from the junkyard

Prince Charles is in an ‘excellent position’ to fight the coronavirus