in

‘Oh for goodness sake’: Nicola Sturgeon reacts to ‘press up challenge’ between Keir Starmer and Boris Johnson

The First Minister expressed exasperation at the news that Keir Starmer had challenged Boris Johnson to a press up challenge.

Monday, 29th June 2020, 2:18 pm

Updated Monday, 29th June 2020, 2:19 pm

Nicola Sturgeon has reacted with exasperation to reports that Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has challenged the Prime Minister to a press up challenge at PMQs later this week.

Writing on Twitter, the First Minister shared a link to one of the reports, with the caption: “Oh for goodness sake”.

In an interview with the Mail on Sunday, Boris Johnson insisted he had made a “very full and healthy recovery” after his battle with Covid-19 last month, before doing press ups on the floor of his office for photographers.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

“I’m as fit as a butcher’s dog now,” Mr Johnson said.

Today, the leader of the opposition was asked whether he could do more than one push up by the hosts of Good Morning Britain.

“I can,” Sir Keir replied.

“In fact I was thinking that at this week’s PMQs the first question should be, you know, first to 50,” he joked.

The First Minister expressed exasperation at the news that Keir Starmer had challenged Boris Johnson to a press up challenge.

Starmer and Johnson’s weekly clashes at Prime Minister’s Questions have gained a lot of attention, as the opposition leader scrutinises the government’s record on coronavirus.

At last week’s PMQs on Wednesday, June 24, Mr Starmer said it was a “big problem” that only 10,000 of an estimated 33,000 people thought to be infected with the disease had been reached and asked to provide contact details.

When the Prime Minister claimed that the Labour leader’s figures were “misleading”, Mr Starmer replied that they came directly from a government slide from the previous day’s press conference.

A message from the Editor:

Thank you for reading this story on our website. While I have your attention, I also have an important request to make of you.

The dramatic events of 2020 are having a major impact on many of our advertisers – and consequently the revenue we receive. We are now more reliant than ever on you taking out a digital subscription to support our journalism.

By supporting us, we are able to support you in providing trusted, fact-checked content for this website.

Source link

Written by Angle News

Leave a Reply

Amy Schumer's quarantine cooking show with chef husband Chris Fischer renewed by Food Network

Passengers flying to New York will be asked to fill out 'voluntary health questionnaire'