in

Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy named Rose swallows a battery

A Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy named Rose was rushed to a vet and required emergency surgery after she ate a AAA battery. 

The owners of the three-month-old puppy noticed a packet of AAA batteries had one missing and suspected Rose might have eaten it. 

Rose was taken to an Animal Emergency Service Clinic on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland for an X-ray, which showed she had a battery inside her stomach. 

The vets immediately performed an endoscopic retrieval on the young puppy and successfully removed the battery before sending Rose home ‘much happier.’

The owners of the three-month-old puppy noticed a packet of AAA batteries had one missing and suspected Rose might have eaten it (pictured: Rose)

The owners of the three-month-old puppy noticed a packet of AAA batteries had one missing and suspected Rose might have eaten it (pictured: Rose)

The clinic uploaded pictures of the X-rays on the Facebook page and said the hungry puppy promised ‘to stay away from batteries in the future.’ 

Dog lovers took to the post to praise the vets for saving Rose’s life. 

One woman said: Her dear little face has a guilty look. She is a lucky puppy.’

‘So lucky the owners noticed one battery missing,’ another said. 

Another woman commented: ‘You beautiful puppy. Rhodesian Ridgebacks are always hungry.’  

Rose was taken to an Animal Emergency Service Clinic on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland where an x-ray was performed which revealed a battery inside her stomach

Rose was taken to an Animal Emergency Service Clinic on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland where an x-ray was performed which revealed a battery inside her stomach

The lead vet at the Animal Emergency Service’s Sunshine Coast clinic, Danielle Huston, said batteries can cause animals serious harm if swallowed and digested.  

‘If they get stuck in the oesophagus, they can actually form a perforation all the way through the oesophagus wall. That’s the worst-case scenario,’ Ms Huston told 7NEWS.

‘With the AA or AAA battery, they’re more of an issue if they’re perforated, so if the animal has chewed it up.

‘Then you’ve got an alkaline material leaking into the gastrointestinal tract.’ 

She said if pet owners suspect their animal has eaten a battery, they need to take them to the vet as soon as possible to prevent any problems.  

The vets immediately performed an endoscopic retrieval on the young puppy and successfully removed the battery before sending Rose home 'much happier'

The vets immediately performed an endoscopic retrieval on the young puppy and successfully removed the battery before sending Rose home ‘much happier’

Source link

Written by Angle News

Leave a Reply

Watch: Fans prepare Anfield for behind-closed-doors football

Rayshard Brooks's girlfriend charged with arson; bail at $10k