BREAKING: Veteran high school teacher, 63, charged with having sex with student 46 years her junior ‘shoots her husband and then herself in murder-suicide’
- North Carolina teacher Emma Ogle and her husband, Michael, were found shot to death inside their Huntersville home Wednesday
- Earlier, a relative called 911 to report that Emma was armed and had barricaded herself with her husband inside their house
- Michael Ogle’s final Facebook post from November 4 was about suicide prevention
- Emma was charged last week with sex act with a student, indecent liberties with a student and a crime against nature
- Ogle was accused of having sex with a 17-year-old student from Garinger High School in Charlotte
- Alleged victim came forward on Halloween, leading to Ogle’s arrest
- Ogle, who had taught at the school since 2014, had been suspended with pay
A 63-year-old high school teacher from North Carolina who has been accused of having sex with her 17-year-old student was found shot to death along with her husband in an apparent murder-suicide on Wednesday.
Emma Ogle, a career and technical education (CTE) Health Occupations teacher at Garinger High School in Charlotte, was taken into custody on Halloween and charged with a sex act with a student, indecent liberties with a student and a crime against nature.
Police say at around 8am, a relative called 911 to report that Ogle was armed and had barricaded herself inside her Huntersville home with her husband, 59-year-old Michael Ogle.
North Carolina teacher Emma Ogle (left and right) was found shot dead along with her husband Wednesday. The 63-year-old arrested on Halloween and charged with a sex act with a student, indecent liberties with a student and a crime against nature
SWAT officers who arrived on the scene entered the family’s residence on Hambright Road and found Michael Ogle dead from a gunshot wound.
Emma also died of a gunshot wound inside the house a short time later, Fox 46 reported, citing police sources.
In a chilling twist, Michael Ogle’s final Facebook post, dated November 4, was a suicide prevention awareness message.
Law enforcement officials earlier said that Ogle began a relationship with the student last spring and it turned sexual over the summer.
Ogle, 63, has taught career and technical education (CTE) Health Occupations at Garinger High School in Charlotte since 2014
The alleged victim came forward about Ogle’s purported conduct on Thursday, leading to her arrest just hours later, according to a WSOC-TV report.
Ogle was released from jail the following morning after posting $10,000 bond.
Ogle had been with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools since 2005. She taught at Vance High School for nine years before taking a job at Garinger High School in 2014
School district administrators said Ogle had been suspended with pay pending the outcome of an investigation, reported WCNC.
Online records indicate that besides being a teacher, Ogle was also a registered nurse.
Social media posts suggest that she was married and had a grown daughter.
Ogle, who had a grown daughter, had been suspended with pay from work