Conor McGregor was taken into custody Saturday and questioned about a potential sexual assault, according to a Yahoo.com report.
McGregor denied any involvement the website reported.
Yahoo said McGregor was taken into custody after a complaint was filed on Sept. 10 for acts “that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition.”
McGregor was reportedly traveling on his yacht with his fiancée, Dee Devlin, and TMZ reported the alleged incident “occurred in a bar.”
It’s not the first such allegation against McGregor. The New York Times previously reported in 2019 that the UFC superstar was twice investigated for sexual assault in Ireland.
“I am irate and putting out a warning loud and clear” Conor McGregor is not and will not be a target for those seeking to score a headline or payday,” his manager, Audie Attar, said in a statement to Yahoo.
McGregor (22-4) is a former UFC champion and one of the most popular fighters in the world. He also famously lost a boxing match to Floyd Mayweather Jr. He last fought at UFC 246 in January, defeating Donald Cerrone via first-round TKO.
He has since announced his retirement, although that is something he has done before only to return to the octagon. McGregor last tweeted Friday, sending out photos of his breakfaster, and then later announcing that USADA came to his yacht to test him.
Yahoo said it reached out to UFC President Dana White Saturday for comment, but said White did not respond.